Wednesday, July 28, 2010

They're Trying To Kill Off The Dumb Americans! How... Friendly?

Has anyone heard the commercial on the radio for the Grilled Cheese Burger Melt from Friendly's? If not, it's basically a burger stuffed between 2 grilled cheese sandwiches. TWO! Sound good to you? I don't see how people can even imagine eating that much, let alone actually doing it. If I had a weak stomach, I'm guessing I'd get naseous just thinking about eating that much fatty food (but I just don't get naseous, so I guess I'm lucky). But really, WHO NEEDS THAT MUCH FOOD? I don't think that Friendly's is being very considerate of all of the people stupid enough to buy something that big and eat it in one meal.

Okay, so now I'm going to get a bit more sciency/nerdy/geeky (whatever you want to say, your preference), but it's really quite gross, and I think that maybe you should know what you're really eating. So, the Grilled Cheese Burger Melt has 1500 calories. Yeah, I know. It's just too much. That's how many calories the My Pyramid website said that kids my age need in ONE WHOLE DAY! (And that's NOT what I do in my free time if you were wondering. It was for a Health class project near the end of the year.) A bit excessive, don't you think? Plus it has 97 grams of fat. Yes, it is very close to 100! Good job noticing! Almost 100 grams of fat. Just...just wow. I'm mostly writing this because it maddens me that nobody is trying to stop the obesity that is practically killing our country, and that they're only contributing to it. (Sorry, I tend to think of bigger words when I'm ranting, even if it's just typing.)

And this is just one of many examples of things like this that lead to obesity. So, just keep this in mind okay? Thanks, bye!

HEDGEHOGS ROCK MY SOCKS OF!!!
--Some Random Kid With No Life

No comments:

Post a Comment